Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier I went to go pick up my take out and I tried to start my car and it started then slowly died down and I repeated this about 7 times and even tried to rev the engine and it reved then the car continued to slowly die down. The spark plugs are brand new as well as the alternator and idk I have to change the grommet (fuel filler) only but idk I cant think of what the problem could possibly be. Need advice, opinions. Thank you in advance!!!

·
0 Posts
Im probably not correct.. however, a while ago i was with a friend and he was car shopping. there was a ford.. ( not a mustang ) and it had the same problem, even when he tried to rev the engine. To fix it.. somewhere in the manual or one of those books.. there is a setting for the idle. Your idle may be out of tune and you need to re-adjust it. but before you mess with this, take it and get it looked at. this is just something to look out for. good luck. I hope this helped.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if you've hitten any abnormally large bumps lately, you'll want to go into your trunk, lift up the carpet and push the button on the left side, atleast it's usually the left.. that or fuel filter for sure

·
Registered
369 Posts
possible clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump? I only say this due to getting bad gas on my way to a car show in the next town over. My car ran fine there and on the way back it too me 2 hours to go 5 miles to get the car home. the car would start up but not run right, three fuel filters and finally the fuel pump blew. Now with a new gas station and a million heat treatments and STP Fuel Injector Cleaners I now only have a slight miss.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Also could be a possible blown fuse, check the fuse box (the very bottom left fuse, should be the small one with a 20 marked on it) that one should be the fuel pump one if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it was a blown fuse, it would not start at all. It sounds fuel related to me. The first thing I would do is put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it has any when it dies.

Although when I think about it I had a car that did that and it the MAF sensor was going out and no it didnt throw a check engine light.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was a blown fuse, it would not start at all. It sounds fuel related to me. The first thing I would do is put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it has any when it dies.

Although when I think about it I had a car that did that and it the MAF sensor was going out and no it didnt throw a check engine light.
Hey the issue has been found and resolved, it was a IAC (Idle Air Control) valve issue and I had the shop down the street take care of it. Appreciate the advice from everyone. :yelpleased:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.