Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had problems with my RPMS. When I turn my car on it stays above 1000 RPMS and any time I press down on the clutch to switch gears, the RPMS rev up to around 3000 RPMS and when I'm in neutral just coasting the RPMS rev up to a little above 3000 rpms. The only tim the RPMs go back down to about 1000 is when I'm braking and slowing down.

The engine sounds extremely loud the whole time I'm driving and the other night while i was parked with my car running, the car I believe overheated and tons of smoke or steam started to come out.

Someone mentioned a clutch problem but I got a brand new clutch around jan of 2009.

Also, when switch gears and let go of the gas, the RPMS are high and the car begins to accelorate on its own rather than slow down like usual.

I was first told to change out my TPS sensor and we did that and the problem only got worse.

I prefer to try and change out as many parts on my own without going to a mechanic because I am extremely low on money and because I'm a young woman I don't want to be taken advantage of and lied to.

Someone also mentioned the Air control motor? I just need help pin pointing what my problem could be

Please please help!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.