Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 99 Ford Mustang Convertible V6, and the check engine light is throwing a code P1413. It's somthing to do with the Secondary Air Pump Low voltage, which leads me to think its either loose or needs replaced. Does anyone know of this problem and if so is it common and easy to fix. I can't seem to find this pump either. If anyone knows where it would be located I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 99 Ford Mustang Convertible V6, and the check engine light is throwing a code P1413. It's somthing to do with the Secondary Air Pump Low voltage, which leads me to think its either loose or needs replaced. Does anyone know of this problem and if so is it common and easy to fix. I can't seem to find this pump either. If anyone knows where it would be located I would appreciate it. Thanks.

yeah, that went out on my 1998. It's on the underside of the fender underneath the air box. It's a PITA,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that went out on my 1998. It's on the underside of the fender underneath the air box. It's a PITA,

I know its been a while, but I did find it and replace it... of course I should have had a flashlight while doing it as I ripped the ground wire out of the socket. I still have yet to fix that..... ugh.. Anyways I did find it to be rusted out beyond belief. Replaced it and after I fix the ground, should be good to go. BTW I think this piece is a useless part to weigh the car down more. I seen another mustang same as mine only a hard top, didn't have any trace of having the AIR pump. go figure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there!
So did you get your 1999 convertible going?
i am about to get same year model but its a hard top, my friend is handing me down his old stang but he said it's that same problem that you have. secondary air injector valve, needs to be replaced. i've taken a ride in that stang before like 2 years ago and was a good car solid and runs awesome!
Now i want to get it back to where it was before.
Thanks!
Roddbasket.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts