Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here in South Florida we've been getting heavy rain lately, and a week ago i kept getting a puddle on my passenger seat, i inspected and it was the top of the windshield, the rubber lining wasnt sealed, used some silicone and problem is fixed. Now however, ive noticed a mildew smell, and looked at my carpets on driver and pass side and they're SOAKED, as well as some in the trunk. I used carpet cleaner, dried it, ect. And yesterday it poured and it happened all over again :?: Its not coming from the top windshield for sure, maybe under the car? Or somewhere else? Please help, its starting to smell mildewish and i dont want the problem to get worse. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
You cannot properly fix a windshield leak with silicone, it has to be professionally removed and resealed with the proper Urethane sealer. THere is a good chance there is some rust built up in that area too that you cannot see and that also will need to be addressed. CHeck with a reputable body shop, they should be able to take care of a job like this for you

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasnt nessisarily a windshield leak, it was the long rubber piece that sits on top of it and connects to the roof, that was peeling up so thats where i siliconed it. But i know for a fact this new leak is coming from the bottom. And if i cant figure it out ill take it to a shop, just trying to see if anyones had this problem and maybe i could do it myself.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Having any sort of leak around the windshield is due to the urethane failing, the rubber part you see on the outside is just a trim piece, it has no function as for sealing anything. You should be able to pull all those out and not have a single drop of water enter the interior. If you have water leaking from the windshield, it needs to be removed and the urethane replaced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats wierd then, idk why it stoped the roof leaking but it did :?: lol but any ideas as to why im getting leakage from the floor? Its definitely not from the roof because then the lining would be wet, and theres also some water in trunk, so im thinking under the car there has to be an open hole or something:?:

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you can't find the source of the leak and you have the actual car to look at, I doubt we'd be anymore help! Just take it to the body shop like b1lk1 suggested!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am, i just figured id ask to see if theres a certain hole or area that was prone to leaking lol...but ill be heading to the body shop shortly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts