Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my 1999 3.8l v6 it hesitates to start , and when it does start the engine vibrates badly .But When i put it in to drive the vibrations stop ?
Also my car only hesitates to start when it sets for a day or so.

Auto
156000 miles on it

Any suggestions ? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i start my 1999 3.8l v6 it hesitates to start , and when it does start the engine vibrates badly .But When i put it in to drive the vibrations stop ?
Also my car only hesitates to start when it sets for a day or so.

Auto
156000 miles on it

Any suggestions ? :bigthumbsup
im pretty sure its the transmission, i think the best thing to do is it take it to a shop but just have them look at it, should be free, well good luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
what would that have to do with the transmission? nothing most likely...

any check engine light?

last time it was tuned up?

try turning the key on for a few seconds a couple times before you start it after its been sitting for a few days. if that helps then you fuel is draining out of the fuel rail over time while its sitting so it takes a little bit to get new fuel there

·
Registered
140 Posts
whenever i buy a car i always go through and do all the maintenance to it so i know its done. i just bought my stang in march and with 111k miles on it, it had original plugs, wires, and fuel filter. i changed all that plus an oil change, trans fluid change, differential fluid change, serp belt, brakes all around (needed them), and i think im forgetting something. i didnt change the coolant because it had a brand new water pump on it when i got it, i assume they put new coolant in but who knows. anyway moral of the story is it would be a good idea to just go ahead and tune it up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.