Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has a ticking noise when started and was told it was an exhaust leak but I'm mechanicaly slow so I don't know. I also started hearing a belt sounding type of wining and was told that it was a throw out bearing and now it idles at 500 in neatrul abut doesn't stay steady goes up to 700 and 1000 back and forth and the wining I'm hearing stops when I press the clutch down the car has 137,000 miles on it and seems healthy other than this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a mustang 1999 v6 standard 5 speed and it just started idle really low and when I first start the car there's a tick as I drive for a couple min. It stops iv heard its an exaust leak and i also hear a wining noise it sounds just like a belt whining but when I press in the clutch it stops completely I don't know if any of this would have anything to do with the way it idles idles but it has 137,000 miles and I drove it rough when I first got it and wanted to added some horsepower to it but really wanna just make it run right and smooth before I do anything to it if you can't answer my question could you answer were I could take my car and not get ripped off and have everything checked out front to back and get everything running smooth and just tell them to fix everything without them ripping me off somewhere please and thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts