Ford Mustang Forum banner

1999 Mustang V6 Suggestions?

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Mac. 
#1 ·
I am a new member to the forums and have been trying to get some suggestions and advice on what to do with my 1999 V6. I'm trying to modify it and get as many horses out of it as i can (who wouldn't want to). It's my daily driver, and unfortunately I don't have thousands to dump into it. So far all I have is a BBK CAI and a BBk 65mm Throttle Body. I've been told there's a shift kit in the transmission, but I don't know this for sure. I plan on getting a dual exhaust, true dual convertsion or not I haven't decided. Also I want to get a SCT SF3/X3 Tuner. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I know it's "another one of those" threads, but I would really like some feedback from some more experienced Mustang owners.

#2 ·
BBK throttle body - waste of money / paper weight
BBK cai - pray you didn't pay cost for this

Dual exhaust = best next mod you can do just for sound.
Gears/Tloc = best bang for your buck besides nitrous

Past that plan on dumping thousands.

#5 ·
what are your thoughts on nitrous if you say you're serious about horsepower

#8 ·
most horses out of your v6?-but I can see you want to get the most out of a 6 cyl--how fast do you want to spend??? It's all relative-sometimes it just easier to get a v8 GT if you want power and speed-rather than doing all the mods to a v6-sorry guys and gals but I had to borrow that one from you all---I got a v6 because I saw gas prices going up over the last few months--and I'm lovin my 25 MPG in my v6 1996 convertible that sounds great with dual exhaust--but just my opinion

#9 ·
if you're looking for good gas mileage, even the v6 isnt the best choice..

#11 ·
Now I'm sad I spent any money on those :violin That's why I created this thread, so I could ask you guys and not waste money like that again. As for using nitrous, I want to avoid that. My goal right now is to be in the 250-260HP range. I really can't spend more than $1,000 total, because I am a full time student. Any help there?

G
#14 ·
Gears and a T-Lok. 3.73 for 5-speed, 4.10 for automatic.

It won't give you any horsepower but, it will make the car feel and accelerate a ton faster.

Cost break down:
$170 gears
$210 T-Lok
$80 bearing kit
$30 fluids
$250-300 install

Total $740-790

#16 ·
Gears and a T-Lok. 3.73 for 5-speed, 4.10 for automatic.

It won't give you any horsepower but, it will make the car feel and accelerate a ton faster.

Cost break down:
$170 gears
$210 T-Lok
$80 bearing kit
$30 fluids
$250-300 install

Total $740-790
This plus you could do the windstar upper intake. $50-80 if you're handy under the hood. Or the kit is like 400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.