Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Ive had my car the overhead hasnt worked and Ive just been too lazy to actually look at it. Well I finally checked it out and realized there was no bulb.lol So I bought a red led one and I received it today and installed it. It turns on right away and wont turn off. How could I fix this?? Ive already tried the light knob but it still stayed on.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That could be the reason the previous owner removed the bulb :laugh:

It's possible the wires could have been crossed. I doubt a fuse would cause this problem. Does the lightbulb only go in one way? Sorry, I've never messed with my overhead light before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha...maybe.... But yea it does go in only one way. Bc the first time I tried it it didnt work at all then I switched the sides of the bulb and it lit right up.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
the cabin lights generally turn on when you open the door right?.. i never really paid attention to the light so i dunno.. try checking with an ohmmeter whatever switches the doors use to sense that they're open/closed..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about the two lights that you can turn on/off by an overhead switch or the center light?? The two side lights will turn on and off with the switches but nothing turns on when I open the car doors.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my 99 v6. The middle light never worked when I bought it and never bothered to check it out for a few months later, checked it and discovered the bulb was missing, put a new bulb in and it would always stay lit, so I was thinking thats why the previous owner had removed the bulb. Any hoot the problem was the sensors that tell if the door is ajar were sticking (there inside the latch on the door). So anyways I grabbed a can of WD-40, sprayed the 2 doors inside the latch pretty good, opened and closed them a few times and then, problem solved :yelwacko: :kooky::bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my 99 v6. The middle light never worked when I bought it and never bothered to check it out for a few months later, checked it and discovered the bulb was missing, put a new bulb in and it would always stay lit, so I was thinking thats why the previous owner had removed the bulb. Any hoot the problem was the sensors that tell if the door is ajar were sticking (there inside the latch on the door). So anyways I grabbed a can of WD-40, sprayed the 2 doors inside the latch pretty good, opened and closed them a few times and then, problem solved :yelwacko: :kooky::bigthumbsup
thats what i was thinking

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you just sprayed it liberally on the latches?? I'll be trying that today. Thanks for all the info everyone. Ill let ya'll know if it worked later today!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well just finished spraying the latches with some wd40 and now the overhead light turns off!! :hihi: Thank you for the information!! :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.