Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get that old school funny car look. Would this do it or would it be too much, as in look wrong on this nice GT?

·
Registered
394 Posts
speco2005 said:
I am looking to get that old school funny car look. Would this do it or would it be too much, as in look wrong on this nice GT?
All I can say is, "Yuck" How on earth would that ever be right?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Double what he said about that combination...

Honestly, I think a thinner tire in front and a wider tire in back is fine, but I would hesitate on mixing diameter sizes if I were you...

Good Luck, Dave :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't personally like the idea, but...

Notice the old school gassers ran skinnies on the front and fat tires on the back, but often on the same size rims. Don't go with a big rim on the back, go with a big, fat tire on the same rim. At least, that's the more authentic choice.

Now, the old diggers and rails often ran bigger, bicycle-looking wheels on the front, and 15" rims with tall slicks on the back, but you didn't ask about that....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not a bad idea. Think about going 18 front and 19 rear. This is what Ford did on the GT. Go go FRPP and lookup thier wheels. Remember its not just the wheels its what you mount on them. Check out www.bigcustomwheels.com they have a great tool for sizing. Good luck.

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace/UPR strut tower bolt covers
Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone thats the input I was looking for. I kinda wanted that look but wanted to do it right, but I didnt want to do it at the expense of making this awesome car look crappy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
discofan said:
Double what he said about that combination...

Honestly, I think a thinner tire in front and a wider tire in back is fine, but I would hesitate on mixing diameter sizes if I were you...

Good Luck, Dave :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I think funny car was the wrong choice of words. How about same rims, but taller and wider back and shorter on the front is that ok or better or still a terrible idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts