Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm not a racing virgin anymore.

10 passes under my belt so far.

Went to Bandimere Speedway last Weds. for T&T and then raced and showed my car at the Ford Fest event this past Sunday. All Ford event was really fun.

I was able to consistently run 13.1s all day on Sunday. :)

Not too bad for street tires. (KDWs) Especially in Denver altitude.

I think I'm gonna swap s/c pullies again to the 3.0. At this altitude I bet I can get away with that. I wish I had gauges to see what my boost actually is with the 3.2 pulley. Another guy with a 2006 and a Whipple was using a 2.90 pulley and running mid and low 12 ETs on drag radials and 3.73 gears. I still have the 3.31 gears.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice runs since you were a mile up. I got a similar setup as you. Im sure you can find a ET calculator that will tell you what 13.1 is at sea level. Im sure its deep in the 12's. Im lucky I got Atco Raceway which is one of the faster tracks in the country since its not overly hot and at sealevel. Thank God for flat NJ.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm waaaay down near sea level, and with the 3.2 pulley I'm seeing 9.7 lbs.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing you'll get a new tune for that smaller pulley?
Wasn't planning on it, but I would like a custom dyno tune just the same. I think I can get away with lesser mods to support the 3.0 pulley at this altitude.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice runs since you were a mile up. I got a similar setup as you. Im sure you can find a ET calculator that will tell you what 13.1 is at sea level. Im sure its deep in the 12's. Im lucky I got Atco Raceway which is one of the faster tracks in the country since its not overly hot and at sealevel. Thank God for flat NJ.
Altitude Correction by Wallace Racing-Drag Racing Pontiac powered Firebirds,Trans Ams and Dragsters

Only about a 12.7 :headscratch:

I watched another guy at the track with a whipple on his 2006 Mustang and he had the 2.90 pulley on with pretty much the same supporting mods as myself except he had drag radials and 3.73 gears. He was running 12.5 or better.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think 12.7 is a good time. Its was on street tires. I have to launch just above idle and gently apply the throttle. If I could just launch at 3000rpm and hit it hard I know Id be low 12's high 11's. I thnk same with you. I actually went quicker on a hot humid day because the power was down making the car easier to launch.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That's supposed to be an 11.5 lb pulley :headscratch:
I actually lost boost but gained RWHP when I added the long tubes and O/R H-pipe.
9.7 lbs. was verified on the dyno with 2 different gauges.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
try running on drag tires if you can get some, with the 3.4 pulley in cooler weather i run 11.6's consistantly.
Never had it to the track yet with the 3.2 pulley but estimating around 11.3's

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually lost boost but gained RWHP when I added the long tubes and O/R H-pipe.
9.7 lbs. was verified on the dyno with 2 different gauges.
That explains it.

Didn't realize you had the LTs

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Id say you will be ok goin to a 3.0 on the tune you have from JDM....Im goin to a 3.2 with the same tune as my 3.4 pulley. thats some good driving to run constant with the street tire. last time I tried it a street tire at the track I was very inconstant!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id say you will be ok goin to a 3.0 on the tune you have from JDM....Im goin to a 3.2 with the same tune as my 3.4 pulley. thats some good driving to run constant with the street tire. last time I tried it a street tire at the track I was very inconstant!
I think without the a/t there's no way I could have been that consistent.

What about changing our shocks to make the car squat down more during launch? I know besides some DRs that I need a lot more than just some better LCAs with solid bushings to maximize traction.

I'm also gonna need a 1 pc driveshaft.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I saw where the FR500CJ cars have what they call a "special coil over spring in those cars. but I have found out they are no more than a stock V-6 spring since those cars start out as V-6ers. must be the way to go. I have the Steeda ultralights in my car....Id like to try a set of V-6 springs. some different shocks up front may be a good thing also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.