Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we're all interested in horsepower numbers after mods we install,but sometimes you just want to know whats it gonna do at the track. I just finished installing Comp stage III cams and had some light porting done on the heads 2 weeks ago. Since the car is a daily driver ,I decided to keep the VVT system . The new set up took a 1/2 second off my times right out of the box. Car ran 12.20's all night. With alittle weight reduction & tweeking ,might be able to touch the 11's.
My running weight is 3725 LBS.
I did,nt gain much of anything at the low end but it pulls hard right thru the traps. Power does'nt even start to drop until after 6600 rpm. I have adjusted my shift points up to 6400 rpm to maximize. Also MPH went up from a average of 105 ,up to 112 now.
All in all I'm pretty please with the results.
Just thought I would give the n/a guys a update.

·
Registered
60 Posts
great info!
how much sound difference do they make? video!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great info!
how much sound difference do they make? video!
They are alittle more throatier. You can here a slight lop but they are truly not that radical, but do make good power.
I don't have any video right now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm looking at the Comp Stage 3 cams also. What porting did you have done?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Are you running on the stock internals? If so, I be real cautious on raising the rpm level. The stock con rods aren't made for alot of high rpm use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking at the Comp Stage 3 cams also. What porting did you have done?
There is a machine shop in my complex that cnc's & hand ports. We have become friends ,thank god. He made me a deal I could'nt refuse. As stated in many other post,the heads are very efficent anyway,so they don't need any hogging out. That might hurt you. Most of the work done is in the bowl area & exhaust ports. The intake ports match up to the plates real good. Just cleaned up the intake ports alittle. We opened up the exhaust ports a bit and matched to headers. Smoothed out some sharp edges, in the combustion chamber and cleaned up the port runners and finished with a polish. The car sounds like its got a blower on it now. The air is flying thru the heads.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you running on the stock internals? If so, I be real cautious on raising the rpm level. The stock con rods aren't made for alot of high rpm use.
I hear ya. I hear of guys shifting at 7000 rpm's but I really don't want to push the envelope much more than 6400-6500. I have stock internals.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I hear ya. I hear of guys shifting at 7000 rpm's but I really don't want to push the envelope much more than 6400-6500. I have stock internals.
6500 is about the max I'd go with the stock connecting rods. I'm set at 6800 but am still making power to that point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.