Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi never posted before but here goes...

I have a 1986 Mercury Capri GS(2.3 NA carb 4spd) and am dropping in an 88TC EFI 5spd.

I have:
255lph Walbro Inline Fuel Pump
All parts from turbo coupe donor car(IHI turbo injectors ect)... 5spd tranny, rearend, vam injectors, LA2 computer (from a diff car b/c donor car was automatic) large vam, injectors, spare wiring harness, adjustable cam sprocket, Kirben Fuel Pressure Reg., 6A MSD Ignition Box, Manual Boost Controler, Forge Bov, Ranger Roller Cam, 145mphSpeedo, gutted and ported intake from 40bob.com, ported e6manifold and matching turbo flange.

Autometer
Air Fuel gage
Boost Guage
Water Temp guage
Oil Pressure Guage
Digital Voltameter guage

other future upgrades include: front mount intercooler, 42lb injectors, if money exists- esslinger aluminum head, and pully assemply

I've done alot of research research, and have all the stinger info, turboford info and so on, but most of the write-ups are for early nintys mustang already with efi, or older mustangs with efi, there really isnt much anything for the swap who has carb to start out with...

any advice or no how on how diffrent the computer pinning is?
am i missing anything that is an obvious need for this swap?

any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Shouldn't be too much of a difference. Sounds like you have most everything you need. IIWU, I'd register on turboford and ask this question over there. There are some very knowledgeable people there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i wouldnt ask questions.

id read abunch first.

they wotn do everything for you you gotta figure it out yourself so you sound like you know what you are doing before you ask soemthing or youll get flamed.

which sucks but from what ive seen they are a different breed over on turboford.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.