Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exhuast and or muffler sound good on a 2.3 NA with out it sounding all ricey

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i think i seen a video with glass packs. it sounded good. stay away from huge tips, they wont help your cause.

·
Registered
411 Posts
dont go with a glass pack. find a nice chambered fully welded muffler. i have a flowmaster 40 series on mine, and i really like the sound. loud, but not a bad sound

·
Registered
645 Posts
They'll usually sound like a Demufflered scooter or a dirtbike regaurdless of what you do. Thays why I'm more worried about performance that how its gonna sound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i've got 3" pipes with no cat and a magnaflow on my svo its got a deeper sound than a ricer with less restriction

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would go with a flowmaster 50 series or maybe a cherrybomb vortex muffler-the flow will have a low rumble sound-i havn't studied the vortex in detail yet-hit up youtube and check for sounds on those 2 products might give you a rough idea on the tones

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its not just the muffler that makes it sound good. Pipe diameter plays a big part. I have a magnaflow 2.25" hi-flow cat, 2.25" Trush chambered muffler, and 2.25" Dynomax tailpipe. It sounds deep and throaty, not like a four banger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a custom exhaust made for my mustang. I went to 2 1/2 pipe, to a Y pipe and to 2 THRUSH mufflers. Costed me like 200 dollars at a Midas including welding. and stainless steel tips to.

I really enjoy the Thrush mufflers. they are quite like stock, but at mid to high rang rpms you sound good. nothing like no harley.

M

·
0 Posts
chambered muffler, flowmaster.. dont get anything but a chambered muffler or its gonna sound ricey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.