Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps,

I have a '89 LX Notch with a 2.3 and I have been pondering making the switch over to a 302, and eventually on up to a 351. I have acquired a crank for a 351W for free of craigslist, and was wondering if there is a posting (shopping list) of everything I will need to do the swap. I think I got a pretty good idea, but I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything. I guess the question I should have asked first is which is more cost effective, the swap, or going out to buy one with a V8 already in it?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Unless the body you have is really mint, and you can't stand to part with it, I think you will find it to be much more cost effective to buy a car with the V8 already in it. I was trying to make the same decision a year ago, and since the '87 LX body I had was nothing special, instead of doing the swap, I bought my '85 GT instead. I have no regrets.

If you know where to get a wrecked V8 donar car for cheap, then the swap might make sense, otherwise you'll wind up with just as much money in the project, as you would have buying a car that already has a V8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.