Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im most likely gonna be buying a 1992 oxford white ford mustang lx 2.3l convertible on the side of my 89 lx 5.0. im gonna be buying the car to fix up and sell. The kid im buying it off of said it has a problem with the electric fan im not all that familiar with the 2.3 motors im only familiar with the 5.0s. i have not yet looked at the car in person. But can anyone tell me whether this fan problem is common and if its a easy fix or not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes common problem, could be a few things, apply voltage to fan first to see if it is good then from there could be fan sender unit, ircm module containing fan relay which is mounted on pass side strut tower, or fan controller under dash, no worries tho plenty of guys here who can help

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i just wasnt sure im only 17 and my dads a mechanic so we should be able to get it done. Thanks for the list of possible things i really appreciate it.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks clash69 and mg man i appreciate you both giving me info and posting links. ill let you guys know how it goes if i pick this car up. its just a little project for me to fix up and either keep or sell on the side of my 89 lx 5.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.