Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find a couple of turbo's for around $400. But that's the motor itself. What else do I need to get? Computer, Harness and what else? Should I hold out for the whole car or should I jump on the engine itself then piece together? Please help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you can get the whole car, get it, you'll need many more parts off it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you have the room to get a whole turbo coupe and take off what you need that will be the cheapest and easiest way to go. I paid $800 (asking price was $1,500) for my '88 turbo coupe, runs excellent, smooth idle, no smoke, trans shifts perfect, brakes good, good clutch, rear is quiet, and exhaust looks fairly new. I drove it before I bought it and then the guy who sold it to me drove it 1 hour to my house. I can sell off what I don't want and get a big chunk of money back. Start checking craigs list, ebay, and local paper. One will pop up eventually. The turbo coupes in running condition can be had for $500-$1000; that is a lot of parts for the money. If you gather the parts one by one it will be much tougher and way more expensive. Hold out for an '87-'88 they have the inter cooler, better computers, bigger injectors, along with the larger Vane Air Meter. And one with a rough body and interior, like mine, will be dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, a few questions. I have a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo 2.3l, and I am trying to get between 250 - 300 horsepower, I have already got ordered, 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe Vam, Moates 1/4 Horse Tuner Chip, 3'' down pipe and 3'' cat back exhaust, 45lbs injectors, with a 255 liter FP, and an Intercooler. I am wondering with all that installed, how much boost can I get without destroying my internals, block and bottom end?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Best to start a new threads. Some may consider this one finished and not look at it. It gets confusing when we are trying to answer two peoples question on one thread. Maurice

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
93 how goes it brother. Hay grab the whole car. Their are a lot of parts you can use and some you can sell that you dont need. Peace My brother:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts