Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st question - I will need to replace the shocks in my 67 Fastback and was wondering which ones you guy's think would be good. I don't know what's on it now, can't read any markings.

2nd question - My dash lights started to flicker on and off. Anyone know what might be causing that? About a year ago, I replaced my headlight switch.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) Which shocks to use would depend on what you're planning on doing with the car.Konis are about as good as it gets for performance applications such as road racing, but they aren't cheap. For driving around town KYBs are as good as any and better than most for the money.
Frequently, flickering dash lights indicate a sloppy rheostat in the headlight switch.Try turning the knob all the way around until it clicks,having the dash lights on full bright and the courtesy lights on also and see if it still does it. Bounce the car up and down some,gently bump the dash in a few places with the heel of your palm without breaking anything,etc,etc,.If they don't flicker throughout all of that, turn the knob back a little a wiggle it around some and see if that makes them flicker,if yes, then you need another new headlight switch.If no then you probably have a bad connection at the ground or some corrossion in the plug that connects to the headlight switch.Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your help. My car is just for driving around town and to shows. I will try what you said about the lights.

Thanks again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.