Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Quick videos of my 1998 Mustang GT.

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  MY 85 GT 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yeah it was like 30 degrees...:D

#4 ·
seems about stock. maaaybe gears. but on cold days, seem close to stock off the line. though its hard to tell from a video

#8 ·
It might be stock...it moves very good to me seems faster then my 93 GT with 3.73...im sure if i torqued it up it would move alot better that was off idle...so im guessing if i could come off the line at say 1000 to maybe 1400 or so rpm i think it would take off even better...Oh yeah what grade gas are we supossed to be using...And it isnt fixed yet it needs a new EGR valve and DPES or dfes sensor i was told with that sensor the timing will be out so i think after thats fixed it might even move better...here is a clip of my 93 it seems that my 98 is quicker no?
YouTube - MOV00363.AVI

#9 ·
no man. i think the 93 is faster. off the line anyways. id bet yours is stock like mine was. mine was supposed to have all this stuff done to it and nope, it was all stock haha. not so good, but at least the dyno told me the tale. get it dynoed and let us know. thats the only way to know for sure

#11 ·
no man. i think the 93 is faster. off the line anyways. id bet yours is stock like mine was. mine was supposed to have all this stuff done to it and nope, it was all stock haha. not so good, but at least the dyno told me the tale. get it dynoed and let us know. thats the only way to know for sure

LOL...I have hads tons of fast cars the 93 seems quicker but hell no the 98 would walk it...The 98 from what i can see that it has done is basic bolt ons...I will be taking to the track once they open...that will tell alot too...It really doesnt matter since this is my daily im building an 87 GT vert with GT40 heads and intake with a Paxton supercharger..it will have all the goodies it should move...:D ..Im going to probably throw a spintech cat back on this or a new american thunder cat back with the super 44's..Oh did i mention i will be spraying the 98 with a zex 100 shot....:winks..Oh hey How does this look like it moves ?...

Spintechs wet pavement somewhat hard take off ESP kicking in.... video by myhemi - Photobucket

These are the mufflers i want for my 98 GT there spintech pro shoot out mufflers...110db's...i love them
2006 SRT8 Mag with spintech proshoot out mufflers no resonators video by myhemi - Photobucket

#10 ·
Nice cars man! **** said it right though, slap her on a dyno and that will tell you everything you would like to know.

G
#12 ·
That's a good run in the 98! It is hard to tell from vids BUT i'd say that thing would definately kick the crap out of my 96!.

Perception of speed is such a weird thing going from car to car but either way that's a strong 98.

Good stuff!:bigthumbsup

#13 ·
That's a good run in the 98! It is hard to tell from vids BUT i'd say that thing would definately kick the crap out of my 96!.

Perception of speed is such a weird thing going from car to car but either way that's a strong 98.

Good stuff!:bigthumbsup
That run was from a dead stop at IDLE and i shifted it manually to about 5000 rpm...if i brake torqued it forget i would have never gotten traction...i dont think thats bad for an auto....It has bolt ons and maybe gears that i will know this weekend when he put new gear fluid ii with the friction modifier the rear skips a little he said they never put the friction modifier in it...So i should know what gears by the weekend..Plus even if it doesnt have gears the nitrous makes up for that...:D

Thanks for example i put my old 2006 SRT-8 magnum up... That car ran 12.9 N/A 12.0@118 on the Spray so you really cant tell by video but ive driven Fast cars And the 98 feels alot faster then my 93 does...

G
#14 ·
Just the way it looked on launch I'd bet money your gears aren't stock... could be wrong though. Again, hard to tell as you're moving away but it didn't look like the power curve dropped off at all on the run. It looked like smooth power all the way through...:bigthumbsup

From your other threads we know what mods are on there and they must be doing their job!

#15 ·
Just the way it looked on launch I'd bet money your gears aren't stock... could be wrong though. Again, hard to tell as you're moving away but it didn't look like the power curve dropped off at all on the run. It looked like smooth power all the way through...:bigthumbsup

From your other threads we know what mods are on there and they must be doing their job!
If i had just brake torqued it to say 1000 rpms it would have been sideway until it grabbed traction..But i never drove a stock 96-98 GT before how doggy are they? Because this doesnt seem it at all....I also had the car at the shop that is doing my 87 GT and he drove the car he said it has something done to it...he think its geared too....
Yeah to me it seems like the car pulls hard from 3000 to 6000 rpm range..What gears do you have?...Im trying to figure out what i have by what i tach at on the highway at 65-70 mph I dont think its 3.73's but im thinking 3.55's ? where it could be 3.27's No way its 2.73's...

G
#16 ·
They are doggy in stock form. You have a 10hp advantage in stock form over those of us with the 96-97's. My stock torque is still decent enough at 285 but my stock gears are just pathetic.

That's one thing that makes the 99-04 nice is the additional hp from the factory (260 at the crank).

No way yours has stock 2.73's. That's what I have in my 96GT (will be going to 4.10's when funds allow) and I can't even get out of my own way.

You were thinking at one point that maybe you had PI swap as well... were did we leave off on that issue? Have you done a compression check? You might get a clue from that.

Check this link to another AFM thread...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-talk/125138-how-check-8-8-gear-ratio.html

It's an easy way to see what gears you have without busting into the goodies.:yup:

#18 ·
Thanks alot...that was my 93...:D I just sold to get the 98,,,The 87 is in the shop getting put back to together with all goodies...:bigthumbsup

#19 ·
if you want to know what gears you have jack up the rear, and mark the drive shaft in a way that you will recognize it while it spins. Then have a friend or you spin the rear wheels while it is in neutral to see how many times the drive shaft spins per wheel revolution. This is how I found out what gears I had. (about 3.75 rev's per wheel rotation for 3.73 gears, about 4 rev's of the drive shaft per wheel rotation for 4.10's...etc.)

#20 ·
Yeah im going to bring the car in to the shop Friday for a few things to be fixed he will check it then for me he also said he call tell by the speedo gear by the color...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.