Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i was wondering can a 05 v6 handle 20 in rims or is it to much i was thinking black chrome opinnions are welcome thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
IMHO, dont ruin your amazing looking car with 20 inch rims, i think they are absolutely hideous. also, your ride will suffer, as well as accelleration

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
mrvandermey has done it, and I think they look nice. Although he has a GT, it shouldn't matter with a V6.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
there are calculators online to find the correct, or at least close to correct, tire size in 20" diameter to equal the revs-per-mile you have with your current tires (one is on discounttiredirect.com). I agree the ride will suffer a little, but handling will prob be a lot tighter, and with the correct total diameter it will not effect the performance- at least until you get so involved in racing that you're worried about the difference in unsprung weight....
I only have 18's but I think 20's look better and fill the gigantic wheel wells better.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
it will effect your take off and accel. do not do it that is alot of rotating mass and will make you slower not to mentiong the ride and handling will suffer you will feel every little bump alot more then you do know.

plus the braking power will be drastically reduced, you need no more then an 18" rim for ride and handling anything bigger is for show only.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i know this hot girl from tennesee got 20" arellis on her 06 v6 coupe.. looks nice. but im not fan of 20" rims. She hasnt complained about her acceleration slowin down but 18" are plenty big. 20" equal more expensive tires= waisted money that could be spent on other mods

·
Registered
140 Posts
I personally like the look of the 20' rims, but I've read that your ride quality suffers. For a show car, I would do it. However, for an everyday drive, I would stick with the 18', of course lowered a little bit.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I know this hot girl from Tennesee. She hasn't complained about her acceleration slowing down.
Always nice when a hot girl doesn't like to take it slow.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I had my V6, I swapped my 16" wheels for 17" and I could easily notice the loss on take off and acceleration.

On my GT, I went from 17" to 20" and once again could easily notice the loss on take off and acceleration. Keep in mind that in both cases the new tires were creating more friction. But in general the car feels much heavier when starting and stopping.

Don't forget this all means less MPG and more wear on the brakes.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You'll be fine putting 20" rims on. Also, when you ask a question like this (about 20" rims) you'll get a lot of people chiming in with their opinion - at the end of the day - do what you like and can afford to do.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.