Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedometer fluctuates between 60-105mph and clicks up miles while at idle in the yard. Tachometer is normal around 850 rpm. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
theres a little gear that goes in the side of the transmission that might be going out, when it happened to my old v6 i took it to a transmission shop and they just pushed the plastic gear back in, (they did not charge me) even though i wanted to replace the whole gear because i knew that it was going to go out again, hope that helps. if anything just take it to a transmission shop to get a quote or ask them the same question

·
Registered
6,858 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have made no modifications to the car. I will be taking the advice of both. I have a spare alternator I can put on and I will have the transmission checked out. I will post the end result. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
not even a new radio? maybe the ground behind the radio was knocked loose like wmburns always mentions? unless the cluster isn't even on that ground

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the help :) ... I am back up and running. Speed sensor was a wet and had lots of moisture in the wiring harness to the PCM or ECU not sure what they call it. THANKS ALL :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts