Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so at the moment I have a 4.6L windsor upside down in my garage, getting prepared to rebuild.. I just bought a set up the 96-98 cobra heads, though it came out of that markIV or whatever.. paid 80 bucks for them without cams..
I need to know how/what to look for when buying cams, throttle body, and intake manifolds. I understand the basics of an engine but by no means do i kno a good bit of them lol. i always thought when you 'bore' out an engine, you're boring out cylinders making them bigger, but im being told the process is simply 'shaving' the piston and making them a tinyyyyyyy bit smaller.. is this correct???

my main goal is to put a turbo on the vehicle at a later time, not right away. i was wanting to bore the engine 12:1 but im told it wouldnt be too wise when im doing forced induction.. long story short, what would you recomend for turbo'n a 4.6L dohc? cams, pistons, crank, intake manifold (can only a 96-98 fit on a 96-98 head?), and throttle body ( I presume to just stick with a .70mm for a turbo?) i do thank you all for your time, i hate lacking knowledge but im TRYING!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.