Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get my fuel pump to cut on in my 2000 mustang .Ive replaced the pump & The CCRM. Dont know what else to do. Is there a relay some where ? PLEASE HELP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
scottsix6vi said:
I cant seem to get my fuel pump to cut on in my 2000 mustang .Ive replaced the pump & The CCRM. Dont know what else to do. Is there a relay some where ? PLEASE HELP
???

did you try the fuses?

What makes you think the fuel pump is out? How many miles are on the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not getting fuel pressure & idont here it come on . i checked the fuses . one day out of the blue it started working then stopped???60000 miles on car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
scottsix6vi said:
its not getting fuel pressure & idont here it come on . i checked the fuses . one day out of the blue it started working then stopped???60000 miles on car
It's more likely a safety in the starter key switch (keeps the pump from going in case of accident, etc.)than the fuel pump with mileage as low as yours.

I'd run it to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
scottsix6vi said:
you think its the ignition switch or the key??
It's more likely than the fuel pump!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
scottsix6vi said:
I know its not the pump now Ive already replaced it ..how about a relay some where???
The one most likely to be out is the safety bundled in the ignition, or the shifter if you have an automatic, or behind the clutch of you have a manual.

They're all safety switches that generally take a lot of abuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
scottsix6vi said:
its automatic ..so do i need to take the console out??
I don't know where the switch is located.

Usually, if you put the car in neutral with your foot on the brake, and it starts while you jiggle the shifter, that's where the problem is.

I don't think you need to take out the whole console, the shifter bezel (the cup) just pops out if you pull it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
try resetting the fuel cut off in the trunck on the left hand side next to the rear tail light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
lcurle said:
try resetting the fuel cut off in the trunck on the left hand side next to the rear tail light.
Hey! Forgot about that one!

Try shooting mustangtk a PM, he's a ford tech.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top