Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post.. Anyway, I recently bought a used 2000 GT, and unfortunately this was the last of the GT years to get the ugly hood "indent" I call it? It goes down and in instead of up. I've seen a bunch of things about hood scoops but I don't know if it is what I'm looking for.

I want to basically make it a hood scoop "up" where it comes up from the level of the rest of the hood rather than having it go "down."

Any ideas or links? I don't mind doing it myself. I don't know where to get anything that I need, don't know what I need either.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
buy an aftermarket plain replacement hood. buy a scoop(not a corny ricer scoop god help us) and mock it up with a dry erase marker to make sure you like the position. and before its painted cut a hole in the hood where the scoop goes and glue it on with epoxy or an epoxy equivilant:bigthumbsup the hole in the hood should be about an inch smaller than the scoop so you havea plave to glue

·
Registered
606 Posts
This is my first post.. Anyway, I recently bought a used 2000 GT, and unfortunately this was the last of the GT years to get the ugly hood "indent" I call it? It goes down and in instead of up. I've seen a bunch of things about hood scoops but I don't know if it is what I'm looking for.

I want to basically make it a hood scoop "up" where it comes up from the level of the rest of the hood rather than having it go "down."

Any ideas or links? I don't mind doing it myself. I don't know where to get anything that I need, don't know what I need either.

Thanks
We have the OE Ford Hood Scoop, the one that 02stang46 pointed out, as well as an aftermarket version that is pretty popular. It is made of urethane & has more defined lines than the OE version, but is still stockish in appearance. Installation is easy as it uses 3M double sided acrylic tape. The OE Ford unit requires holes to be drilled for installation.

1999-04 Mustang Hood Scoop by Xenon at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts