Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a challenge for everybody surfing this website! I own a 2000 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. I am looking to make this car run like it just left the factory. I want you to give me a list of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you can think of that will make this happen. I am looking for a list of replacement parts and general things I can do to achieve my goal. I want to be given things to do to the way it starts up smoothly, a/c system, fuel system, handling. EVERYTHING you can imagine a new car being like. i know its impossible to get this perfect, but I just wanna try. And yes, i know that I'm not giving you the mileage of the car or anything i've already done to it. Just imagine it wasnt running good. Also, I would very much appreciate anything on top of that to make my car FAST! I'm not looking at a certain price range, so whatever comes to mind WILL WORK!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
for all the money you would put into it you could buy a newer one. i had a '98 and for the price of fixing everything that needed tuning and replacing i got a 2001 with 30,000 miles on it

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
how bad is the car? any car should respond to new plugs/wires, air filters and fuel filters, even replacing a worn out starter. also replacing worn shocks/struts.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
How much money you looking to spend first off? I understand sometimes it is hard to part with a car and it means alot to you in that case a newer car is out of the question!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as i stated above, i am not looking at ANY price range. i just want a list of things i can do to my car that i may not have thought of yet. i only want a list, its as simple as that. and maybe put more than the 3 most general things that come to mind.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way. nothing needs fixing. im just looking to improve

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Just all the usual tune up items like fuel filter, plugs, blah blah blah. If you really truly want it to run like "new", then go crazy and add a rebuilt longblock in full dress to that list.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are we talking about a full blown restoration from the ground up or just replacing the parts that are wore?

Sounds like the full restoration is what you're looking for and without seeing or knowing the condition of the car its hard to say. I'm thinking 35 to 40 thousand would get you a brand new, roll off the showroom floor, never been farted in 2000 GT.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure why everyone thinks I want to do a full restoration. for the third time, just give me some things to replace on my car that may not be the most common things to do. some things i havent thought of yet. in case i wasnt clear...I AM NOT DOING A FULL RESTORATION!!! im just bored and looking for some things to improve on my car. i didnt realize this would be such a difficult task for some people to comprehend. i just want a list. if you have a comment to make about the post....dont. i just want a list. in case some people missed that....I JUST WANT A LIST!

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Well in all fairness to myself and others who have responded thus far, the question you posed couldn't have been more ambiguous.

And given the light of you most recent post, the answer is NOTHING.

If you've already done all of the typical tune up sh!t and replaced every fluid then the list stops there. There are really not any hard parts or sensors or whatever that you can replace that will make a fukcing difference unless what you're replacing is faulty in the first place. Sh!t either works as it was designed and intended or it doesn't. For example, there is no benefit to replacing or attempting to clean your IAC valve unless you are experiencing issues with the way your engine idles. You can replace the fuel pump and injectors if you like, but again, stuff like that either works or doesn't. There's very little "in between" here. Follow me so far??

How about this, start by enlightening us by telling what you've done so far. Then, somebody might think of something related to that item that you could then go take a look at.

The best way to get a definitive or specific answer is to ask a specific question. The quality of the answers you've recieved so far directly correlates to the quality of your question.

·
Registered
187 Posts
im not sure why everyone thinks i want to do a full restoration. For the third time, just give me some things to replace on my car that may not be the most common things to do. Some things i havent thought of yet. In case i wasnt clear...i am not doing a full restoration!!! Im just bored and looking for some things to improve on my car. I didnt realize this would be such a difficult task for some people to comprehend. I just want a list. If you have a comment to make about the post....dont. I just want a list. In case some people missed that....i just want a list!
eat **** !!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
fuel filter, air filter, stock plugs, cold air indiction, clean fuel injectors, clean or replace EGR valve, good working thermostat that affects gas mileage, h pipe, or x pipe, mil eliminators, flow masters, 3:73 gears, pretty much after that you go into no2, supercharger, or tearing into your motor like camshaft, high performance heads roller rockers springs forged pistons. ect.

hope that helps

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you 72erik, that DID help!!!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
dont give me lip because your OP was about as ambiguous as it could be.

i told you what you could do to do a tune up, as thtas what i thought you were doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts