Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a friend of mine's car... 2000 gt convertible

it was on the computer at autozone......

it said it has a #2 cylinder missfire

how do you check to see if it is the injector or the coil?

any ideas let me know

thanks

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Cop

To verify the COP (coil on plug) is working properly, you turn off the motor and disconnect the connector from the coil. Then you use an ohmeter to check between the primary and the negative terminals. Resistance should be .55 ohms. You should also check between the secondary terminals with the COP out of the car. Look for 5.5 k-ohms.

If the COP fails either test, replace it.

Odds are good that it IS the COP, the boot, or the plug, but it might also be a wiring fault in the harness somewhere.

this is a friend of mine's car... 2000 gt convertible

it was on the computer at autozone......

it said it has a #2 cylinder missfire

how do you check to see if it is the injector or the coil?

any ideas let me know

thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i am pretty sure its your coil pack, I just went through the same thing.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If tripleblack's idea doesn't work switch the #2 coil to a different cylinder and see if the code moves with it. When I bought my B, it had a bad one on #5, I just bought all new Accel's so I wouldn't have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Codes

If tripleblack's idea doesn't work switch the #2 coil to a different cylinder and see if the code moves with it. When I bought my B, it had a bad one on #5, I just bought all new Accel's so I wouldn't have to worry about it again.
Yep, this will probably work, so long as you can borrow the code reader again to verify the miss has moved along with the COP. This would also rule out a wiring issue. Unfortunately, once one goes bad, the rest are liable to follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.