Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the forum and was looking for help with adding a turbo to my 2000 auto mustang, hoping to find someone who has done this before.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Just curious, this isn't an eBay turbo is it? If so don't get it, they are ticking time bombs once installed

I believe tma has started making kits again for the V6 stangs, but if not, your going to have to custom make a hotside to the system which is basically shorty headers turned around so that they run towards the front of the car, then you have to merge those into a y so that you can funnel them into a flange to mount the turbo too. Then once that is done you need to fabricate a coldside to the kit which isn't as big a deal since you can buy a universal piping kit and cut it to the right size and just clamp it all together instead of having to weld it. You'll have to integrate the BOV into the coldside of it. You also have to fabricate a downpipe to run out from the turbo that will be like a backwards y-pipe (single pipe coming from the turbo and splitting into two pipes after it gets behind the motor) then you have to adapt that to your exhaust system and run it out the back. Kind of a simplistic description of the setup.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Hmm, turbo, Y, to my prochamber ? wonder wtf would happen there
it would sound really good, that turbo absorbs a bunch of the annoying raspy sound we all hate...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
so does the prochamber lol
thats my point, both those together would sound like pure sex :worship (in terms of a V6)

OP: when do you plan on doing all this? if it's next summer or so i wanna come and see the whole project if you don't mind :bigthumbsup, i go up to visit my dad during the summer close by to you, he lives over in Arcadia about 30 mins away (well 20 with me driving :hihi:)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
It wouldn't sound like anything but quiet...

Turbo + straight pipe is where its at.

PS:
I wouldn't put a t25 on anything but a sohc 1.5L civic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts