Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to replace the entire sound system in my 2000 v6 stang. All the sound system parts are stock. i just want someone to post a list of the parts i will need to completely change my sound system to aftermarket. like speaker sizes and quantity, etc... this way i will know what i need to buy in entirety.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Depends upon WHICH sound system your car came with. There are more than one stock systems.

Also, doesn't this list depend upon what you are trying to do? For example, if you are going to keep the stock speaker locations, then the factory wires can be re-used.

If you want big bass, then some plans have to be made for more power to run it.

If on the other hand, you are just wanting to replace the basic stock radio with an after market head unit, then buy the matching META harness from the same place you buy head unit from.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well the stock speakers are 6"x8"s, and there is four total, one in each door panel, and two just above the trunk/rear seat

·
Registered
56 Posts
So if you want to do what i did and have a new head unit, speakers, subs and an amp for each youll need a few supplies for sure.

Headunit, panasonic, alpine and pioneer all make good ones

Speakers: Inifinity kappa or alpine type Rs anything else is a waste of money IMO

You need two amps on 4 channel for the speakers and one Class d mono block if your running two subs or a 2 channel if your running one. Anywhere from 300 to 1000 watts is plenty for the bass to shake the car. You probably want about 100 watts to each speaker.

You'll need wires and fuses 4 gauge should be ok and at least 150 amp fuse. Most electronics stores will sell an amp wiring kit, let them kno you want two amps and they will adjust it accordingly

For subs MTX are great for a budget the alpine type Rs or type Xs are killer same with the Kappa Perfect series.

You need a bunch more odds and ends but that should get you started.

A complete stereo replacement will run anywhere from 500 to 5000 bucks and should take at least an afternoon depending on how savy you are.

Hope this helps

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts