Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering what I should expect to get on a dyno with my setup and if I should get my car tuned on the dyno, or if I should buy an SCT, or any other "Email Tuners" if so, any recommendations?
I'm currently running the 5-speed (short throw shifter) 4.6 2V with a BBK 78mm T/B and plenum, (CAI), underdrive pulleys, MAC Headers to bbk o/r x-pipe to magnaflows. (Catless)
Also if it means anything, she's lowered 2 inches, 18 inch wheels, 285's and runs 91 usually.
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
bama tunes

i would just get a tuner from americanmuscle.com good prices and programmers from there are now getting free lifetime tunes from bama performance i went with the diablo trinity and an email tune and am happy with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
correction on post

ok they were doing free tunes for life but have changed it back to 3 free tunes which will be a gas saver tune performance and race tunes

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I would expect you are at about 250-260 RWHP. I good Dyno Tune will put you on the higher end of that scale.

If you can afford it, get the Dyno Tune, but if money is an issue than an emailed tune will suffice for your bolt ons.

Let us know the numbers and what route you go with your tune.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Even if you want to get a dyno tune you need to have a tuning device, so you'll need a tuner, I would go with SCT. There's no need to dyno tune that setup though, an email custom tune will do very well at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hey I was wondering what I should expect to get on a dyno with my setup and if I should get my car tuned on the dyno, or if I should buy an SCT, or any other "Email Tuners" if so, any recommendations?
I'm currently running the 5-speed (short throw shifter) 4.6 2V with a BBK 78mm T/B and plenum, (CAI), underdrive pulleys, MAC Headers to bbk o/r x-pipe to magnaflows. (Catless)
Also if it means anything, she's lowered 2 inches, 18 inch wheels, 285's and runs 91 usually.
Thanks
As these guys mentioned, a custom email tune will serve you well with all of those mods! I'm actually surprised you're not running any kind of tune right now.

I definitely think you'll enjoy one of our Bama custom tunes! They're all made individually from the ground up and proven on our Dynojet224xlc as well as local tracks and streets!

Shane

ok they were doing free tunes for life but have changed it back to 3 free tunes which will be a gas saver tune performance and race tunes
We still offer our Free Tunes for Life program with any tuner sold from our AM site! Each customer is equipped with 3 tunes off the bat, but can have them adjusted anytime they please!

Shane

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I bought an SCT Tuner off the guy I bought my car from, should there be a USB cable or an adapter for the plug that goes under my dash? I'm assuming a USB, but I never got one. Should I contact the guy?
Thanks

PS. It's the SCT SF3 Powerflash

·
Registered
59 Posts
it should have came with a usb cable so you can plug it into the computer to put tunes on it and update it. it should have also came with a obd2 port cable that would be the one that plugs into the obd2 port under your dash on the driver side.

how much did he charge you for it? the fact that he didnt give you cables is messed up sense you need those to do anything with it without them its just a paper weight.

heres a link for the same one and 3 free custom tunes for $379.99

Results for Search All 2005-2009 PartsSCT SF3 Powerflash - AmericanMuscle.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it for $225 but we're decent friends so I thought I got a pretty good deal. I got the OBD2 port cable, just not a usb. I'll be sure to ask him for it. Thanks a lot there Chris, appreciate it :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
My sct did not come with a USB cable when I bought mines 3 years ago. You can go to Radio Shack or Wal-Mart and get one. I use the one that is connected to my printer to connect the sct to the computer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought it for $225 but we're decent friends so I thought I got a pretty good deal. I got the OBD2 port cable, just not a usb. I'll be sure to ask him for it. Thanks a lot there Chris, appreciate it :)
no problem just dont want to see anybody get ripped off it might not have come with the usb cable when he bought it but they dont cost that much at radio shack like the post above says

1 - 11 of 11 Posts