Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 mustang gt with 120K miles completely blew out the clutch without any warning. My 5-speed shifted perfectly, no slip, it was very firm. I was doing about sixty five and went to downshift from fifth and it simply didn't go back into gear. It was in neutral and would go back into gear when engine was turned off. I got it to go back into gear and take off with a lot of grinding sounds - and i could smell the clutch burning. It takes off really slowly with very high rpm's - and I know its slipping like crazy. My question : is it the clutch or the clutch cable?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
My 2000 mustang gt with 120K miles completely blew out the clutch without any warning. My 5-speed shifted perfectly, no slip, it was very firm. I was doing about sixty five and went to downshift from fifth and it simply didn't go back into gear. It was in neutral and would go back into gear when engine was turned off. I got it to go back into gear and take off with a lot of grinding sounds - and i could smell the clutch burning. It takes off really slowly with very high rpm's - and I know its slipping like crazy. My question : is it the clutch or the clutch cable?
Sounds like the clutch is burned up. The only way to know for sure is to pull the tranny and check it.

Richard

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
definatly sounds like the clutch i had the same problems when i blew mine out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.