Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So, today my Mustang started making a weird noise at the clutch, and I can't figure it out (link to video below). I just installed a new Exedy prostreet kit from American Muscle, complete with new throw out bearing and pilot bearing, along with pressure plate assembly and new billet aluminum clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster, and matching cable less than 500 miles ago. I understand that new clutches make a friction noise for a while (which has been happening and is normal), but it just started sounding like this. I've already dumped $1700 in maintenance and repair since I bought the car in October and I'd love to save my wallet and another trip to the garage cryin.gif

I made a video so you guys can get a better feel for what's going on: 2000 Ford Mustang GT Clutch Problem - YouTube

It also likes to jerk (so much so that the stick shakes violently along with the whole car) when disengaging the clutch in first at around 1500 RPM. Not sure if these two issues are related or not. It's had a misfire problem in the past and so I think the jerking issue may be that coming back to haunt me.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

~ bflatcreative

·
Registered
231 Posts
My car use to jerk when I put in a stage 1 clutch to handle 450hp. I'm pretty sure it's just heavy duty and likes to grab, because now that I've weared it down a bit it doesn't jerk as much and feels a lot more smooth. But you can def. tell it's grabbing better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts