Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with 189,000 miles, and the engine skips periodically. After a diagnostic test, cylinder 7 was the issue. I took out the spark plug and there's oil or coolant on it. Once I cleaned it all off, the engine ran fine, but I need a more permanent solution to this problem. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
8,160 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Someone will be along shortly with advice.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with 189,000 miles, and the engine skips periodically. After a diagnostic test, cylinder 7 was the issue. I took out the spark plug and there's oil or coolant on it. Once I cleaned it all off, the engine ran fine, but I need a more permanent solution to this problem. Any suggestions?
Well as you stated your Mustang has high miles and your number 7 cylinder has a problem,and your looking for a permanent fix.You said that after you cleaned off the spark plug of oil or antifreeze it ran better,so I would do a compression test on all of the cylinders,bore scope the # 7 cylinder to see if there is any damage,and check your head gasket to see if there is a leak into the # 7 cylinder. With that amount of miles, it might be an easy fix or an engine rebuild if you plan on keeping the car and want a permanent fix.Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts