Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. I replaced the engine after a failure and put JBA shorty headers on the new engine when it was installed. At the time I couldn't afford new full length exhaust so I matched up the new headers with the stock mid pipe back. Now there is an annoying exhaust leak.

I am going to buy a JBA O/R H pipe, as they claim the properly machined fit will eliminate this leak. My real question is, can I just replace the mufflers with Borla or Flowmaster instead of replacing the entire mid-pipe back, or will I regret that to? The matching system from JBA is almost $600 and I have three vehicles to maintain so any cost savings is very desirable but I want a good sound, too.

If replacing the mufflers but using the rest of the stock mid-pipe back exhaust would not be a bad idea, does anyone have recommendations for a good muffler; I would like a deep base note, but not overly loud or one that drones. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
supper 44's. but id fix the leak first. did you use good gaskets? most people feel thet dont need gaskets on thier exaust and wonder why they get a leak after install. and ya you can buy weld in mufflers. if you cant weld a shop will install for cheap. but mig welding is easy, fun, and a good thing to learn. ive used my 110 on so many things and you dont need gas, the dealer will try to sell you some but it's not NEED'D gas just gives a good looking weld and a bedder but for exhaust youll be fine. get a lincoln welder if you dont have one :bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.