Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a pic of the fuse panel diagram for a 2000 GT for me? My son and I spent all night last night trying to wire up an aftermarket stereo that he bought me for x-mas. After 3 hours and no results, we gave up for the night but when I put the factory one back in, I got nothing. NO power to it at all. When I turn on the headlights, the backlight on the stereo and factory CD player lights up but nothing on the display, no clock, no nothing. I would like to start in the fuse panel but mine is not identified. I did find a blue 15 amp that was torn from the fuse panel(assumed that happened when we were under the dash) but I cannot identify it.
A fuse panel diagram would help alot.:bigthumbsup

MODS...Please do not move this to audio as it pertains to more than just audio.

Richard

·
Registered
491 Posts
Here is what I have from the shop manual, hope it helps....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. If I am understanding this correctly, based on those diagrams, there is a radio fuse under the dash and another one under the hood in the battery junction box? I checked all the ones under the dash and they all check out fine. Didn't know about the one under the hood though, I'll have to wait until tonight to check it.
I have definitely blown a fuse or something because I just tried to hook up the aftermarket stereo again and it won't power up either. I am not getting any power to it. Is there an in-line fuse of fuse in the back of the factory amp that is mounted on the transmission hump? Does the power run thru the amp?

Mods....you can move this now if necessary.

Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
A fuse box diagram

Hi,

Thank you for your diagram of a fuse box. From your diagram I tried to trouble my car with the problem "don't drive one day, the next day its battery is empty". I used a amp meter and checked my battery with out turn power switcher on, and I got 200 MA. That is a problem because with out turn switcher on, my meter supposed to read 0 MA. I tried to disconnect each fuse and finally the fuse "I/P" was a problem. when I disconnected it, my meter read 0MA, and when I reconnected it, my meter read 200ma. On your diagram said "I/P fuse, 40AM max, instrument cluster, PCM. I wonder to ask you or any one know about instrument cluster, PCM? and what I suppose to do, replace it?

Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
thanks i was looking for this big time, some light on the dash won't go on, cruise control, and high beams, i know i have a lot of missing fuses, i will try this tomorrow and see if replacing the fuses will correct this, by any chance you have on the the engine bay?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I LOVE THIS FORUM! I was just searching google trying to get all the information I could for an issue I'm having with the car randomly cutting off and needed/wanted a diagram of the under hood fuses (battery junction box) and was able to confirm the stuff I was looking at was the right diagrams because it was confirmed on here. WOOHOO you all rock! :heha:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts