Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 Mustang GT and I have a couple of question to those that have own this kind of mustang's, during night driving I really don't know in what gear I am (auto Tran) I mean I know by memory the order of gears but in other cars it shows on the dash board which gear youre at:yup: or others show in red the gear your at in the shifts down on the floor:kooky:, so is it normal in the mustang not showing or something wrong with a fuse or the lights in the dash board.

The other thing is, when I start the engine all of the lights come on and then go off, that's normal but I don't see the TCS light go on or off neither I have the TCS button, so Im guessing my car has ABS without TCS, is it possible to install the TCS on a car that did not came with TCS from factory?:nogrinner if i can what do i need?:smartass:

Thanks for answering.:laugh:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
THe only indicator is in the shifter, none on the dash. I recall seing someone installing indicator LEDs in the dashboard, will have to find it though.

TCS is always ON, there is no indication other than the TCS led being OFF.
So when you press the TCS button you actually disable TCS and the led is lit.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
If the TCS is not working you can consider that a blessing. The TCS light in the instrument cluster looks like a spinning wheel and illuminates green when it is on; no light means TCS is off or the light is burnt out. If your car has ABS then it by default has TCS as well, it's kind of a package deal. If you have the button for it, then it's fair to assume your car is equipped with this option. Note that if the ABS system is not working (which would be accompanied by the yellow ABS warning light staying on constantly) then the TCS will not work either.

As far as your shifter goes, it sounds like you need a new light. Should be pretty easy to deal with; the console surrounding the shifter just unsnaps if you lightly pry and lift around the edges, which should expose the shifter base. My car has a manual trans so I'm not exactly sure how the shifter base is mounted in your car, but I would think that once you remove the shifter console there would be some easily accessible screws or bolts holding the shifter in place that can be removed in order to get to the bulbs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, ill try reach to the bulb on the weekend, as for the TCS The abs light is off but If i go pedal to the metal the rear tyres starts spinning and the spinning wheel on the dashboard is always off.

My abs light just turned on yesterday, I know I need to change brake pads and rotor ASAP can that be a factor of the ABS light staying on?

·
Registered
67 Posts
same on my car. Traction control button acts dead. And it is adjoined with the ABS light on. Hooked up to obdII and NO codes? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Typically if the TCS is always off, and the ABS light is on, one of the wheel speed sensors is bad.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Typically if the TCS is always off, and the ABS light is on, one of the wheel speed sensors is bad.
Any way you know of to diagnose this, short of a scanner capable of reading chassis DTC's?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Unfortunately, besides a visual inspection of the sensors, without a chassis code scanner, there's not a lot you can do unless you like wasting money.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Well like they say, when knoweldge and common sense fail you, just throw parts at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts