Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my dyno run.. with BAMA performance sf4 tuner... I made about 182hp max.. and my teacher said that this is because of the air/fuel ratio fluctuateing, why is it doing that? And this car has no vacume leakes at all I smoke tested it..

The tune I had on the car was *

(race tune, 91 octain)

Some runs I modified the values within the programer I ran the car a little richer 4% and 2%.. the best option was the 2%..
When I ran
0% more rich & 0 degrees global spark it made my car run wayy too lean so i left it at 2% richer

then
I messed with the global spark and I advanced it 1 degree but it didnt do much..

It didnt help at all.. do you guys think this result is normal? Or hy is it causing it? And what should I do? :/

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Freaking hell what is wrong with your car?! Automatic or Manual? Even an auto should lay at least 220 to the wheels. Maybe get a compression test? Did you run it without the Bama tune?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did even without a tune it made 182 or something it never reached 186! :(

And its a manual transmission

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You sure somebody like a previous owner didn't swap an NPI engine into it before you got it?

Reason I ask is, that's pretty damn close to what an NPI dyno's.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Going off the valve covers thats a NPI engine. The oil filler neck is supposed to be on the passenger side someone correct me if I'm wrong. All the 96-98 cars I've seen have that on the driver side. and BTW, PI started in 99.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 99 GT is all stock except for the exhaust, and cai and i made 236 to the wheels on a dyno without a tune. So something isn't right. Like SoCal said I bet theres a NPI engine under the hood.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Mmm the old owner said that the engine was freshly rebuilt and it has everything stock.. and I think the intake intake is the (npi) version because the (pi) intakes came out on the 2001+ models if im correct.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/shan_db9/20131219_164124.jpg
PI was 1999+ for Mustangs, although for other Fords like Crown Vic it didn't come until 2001. Looks like your car was the recipient of a '96-'98 engine. That sucks, a lot. But at least all the stuff you need for a PI swap isn't crazy expensive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just noticed the oil filler beck is on driver side :( is it possible to accidently switch the covers? By accident ill go take more pics right now.. buy how can you really tell this is a npi engine?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
That is a bummer dude....I feel bad for ya. It's a good excuse to buy a PI swap kit!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I think im gonna go ahead and do the pi swap.. so its just the inke manifold or the heads too? Cuz I heard pi heads and cams are different too..
And what is a runner?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Man dude that's a bummer... Sorry to here a fellow enthusiasts not get what he paid for..I would be pissed if the previous owner didn't disclose that fact

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If your gonna swap the heads just throw trick flows in there along with a set of hi tech cams. I never even thought about that being the issue because who the hell swaps NPI heads into a PI car..........

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
A PI Swap consists of the Heads,cams, and intake. Quan Cheese has a good point on the TFS heads, however that could add a lot of $$ to it. Finding used PI heads/intake is pretty easy and cheap but if you wanted to go all out and upgrade to the TFS heads now is the time to do it! Let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh Man! I would be so incensed if this was my car.

OP, how long ago was it that you bought this car? If its anytime recent, I would take it up with the previous owner and demand to be made right.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts