Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a Diablo Sport predator, and wanted to get a good tune. i dont know much about tuning, so im asking for help. i have a 2000 Mustang GT (automatic) with an O/R X pipe, flowmaster 40's, steeda underpullies, and motive performance 4.10 gears. i drive this car every day, i want to get the most hp and torque out of it, but do not want to dmg the engine.
some of the things i can tune but dont know what they are or where to set them too.
-cooling fan
-idle rpm
-shift points
-shift pressure
-part throttle shift firmness
- WOT shift firmness for each gear change
-spark advanced 2k-4k and 4k-7k
-torque mod. for each gear change
-WOT fuel, open loop 2k-4k and 4k-7k

i dont know what to set these things too. PLease help me
Thanks
Sport20003000

·
Registered
256 Posts
my recommendation, get it done by a pro. on the dyno hooked up to a computer, they'll get everything you can out of it, and safely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does that mean i pointlesly wasted my money on a tuner then?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
if you load the predator performance tune in it will modify most of the settings for you to get the most gains. You will notice a difference.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Premium Fuel

The canned tune in the Tuner requires Premium Fuel. Be sure you have the tank full of the good stuff before installing the tune.

To do a full custom tune requires 2 things: A tool to modify the computer and the exisitng tune (you have that in the handheld tuner) and a method of monitoring and tracking the air/fuel flowing through the motor (the best method would be via a Wideband O2 rig such as is sold by Innovate).

The Diablo is a very handy tool, but its trying to work in total darkness without the feedback loop from a well-equiped dyno setup or the Wideband O2 rig I mentioned. It CAN move spark advance and air/fuel mix where you want them, but you don't KNOW where you want them without the data from the dyno / O2 sensors.

I would recommend you try the canned tune and use the tool to adjust for rear gears, wheel/tire size changes, rev limit, speed limit, OBD II trouble codes, auto tranny shift points and firmness, data logging, and so forth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.