Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that my a/c is kind of noisy. it's making a rattling noise when on. Anyone experience this and if so how did you solve the problem? Or is this normal? it's probably being doing this for a while but I didn't notice the a/c blows as cold as the day i first got it.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If it just started making this noise, chances are it is not normal and there is some wear going on. Bearings, lubrication, A/C clutch, could be any number of issues.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
mine makes a slight humming noise, kind of like the radiator fan. i'm pretty sure it's normal though, seeing as it has always done it and my a/c blows ice cold.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure when it started. but it does sound like it could be bearings. guess i could hit it with some wd40 and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
193 Posts
not sure when it started. but it does sound like it could be bearings. guess i could hit it with some wd40 and see if it makes a difference.
Wd-40 is not a lubricant. It should only be used to clean. For a bearing issue you would want to use grease. If its not that loud and ac is working still, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You could take it to a shop and have them put in some PAG A/C Oil in it, that may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.