Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think my clutch is on its final legs. It feels like it was slipping. It started at a red light today I let it out and the car bucked like crazy and felt like it wouldn't move. Took it home and drove it 3 hours later and felt fine until I had it in 5th gear. It felt like it would jerk and lurch a bit like it was loosing power but the rpms didn't seem to go up or down. My question is does this sound like a clutch prob or like a drivetrain issue? I know that sometimes when I'm in a low gear like 3rd my car feels like it bucks a tad so I was thinking u joints or rear end rebuild? Any info would b helpful the car has 75k on it original clutch and drivetrain. My cluch pedal is also a ***** to push in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It bites at about halfway letting the pedal out. I've adjusted it before but seems like it won't adjust anymore since it doesn't click after I adjust it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too will be watching this thread closely.

My 3rd gear squeaks like sin and my 4th doesn't go in sometimes and when it kind of does it rattles and isn't really in gear so I'll have to redo it.

The clutch let's off really high up too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I figured out that I'm pretty sure my clutch isn't slipping. I narrowed it down to either the driveshaft, u joints, or rear gears. It did well today but once I got up to speed today I put it in fourth accelerated and the thing bucked like crazy like I wasn't giving it enough gas or letting it out too fast but I gave it the proper amount and let the clutch out easy. It also feels sketchy on the highway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts