Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting ready to install an eibach pro kit on my car....i am tight on money so i was wondering if caster/camber plates were a necessity. also do i HAVE to install new shocks and struts at the same time as the springs? thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
You have to decide your options here. Chamber/Caster plates provide you the ability to have the suspension adjusted within manufacturer specifications. If you do not install the plates you will probably see excessive/uneven tire wear. With a lowered Mustang the front tires will wear faster on the inside contact patch of the tire.

Plenty of people run the OEM shocks and struts with their lowered Mustangs. Supposedly this isn't optimum. The shocks and struts now have to operate in a shorter range than it was designed for. I can't atest to the handling characteristics with this configuration. I can't imagine that it would feel all that bad. If you decide to leave the OEM shocks and struts, you don't really have anything to loose. Run them until you decide to buy an upgraded set. The down side....in part doing the job twice and paying for two alignments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.