Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey guys i have alot of stuff done to my car do you think i could get into the 13's with the setup i have or am i going to need; heads, cams, etc... with everything i listed below the best i could get was a 14.8 in the quarter but i spun about 5 foot every time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well... I'm in the 12's unblown. So, seems like a driver thing to me =X

Edit: With an auto I dont know, read that part afterwards :frustrated:.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... I'm in the 12's unblown. So, seems like a driver thing to me =X

Edit: With an auto I dont know, read that part afterwards :frustrated:.
so why did you go witht he bigger injectors? cause the 70mm throttle body i couldnt hook up either and it was the first time at the track as well on street radials on a 9 inch wide back tire do you have anything done internally and do you have a 4v cause its svt? in is only a 2 v

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so why did you go witht he bigger injectors? cause the 70mm throttle body i couldnt hook up either and it was the first time at the track as well on street radials on a 9 inch wide back tire do you have anything done internally and do you have a 4v cause its svt? in is only a 2 v
cause i ran up againt a 2000 gt that was auto he switched it over and run a 14.6 he a u/d pulleys x pipe and exhaust

·
Registered
268 Posts
With your mods I dont see why you cant run a solid 13.xx number. The more modifications you have done, you will eventually need a tune. When you make more power, the motor requires more fuel, therefore you need up upgrade your injectors/fuel pump etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
268 Posts
A custom tune by MPH, will def help. But if you want to get GOOD times at the track, you need to run a drag radial or slick.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A custom tune by MPH, will def help. But if you want to get GOOD times at the track, you need to run a drag radial or slick.
do you know where the best place is to buy slicks? what size do you think 26 x 10.5 x 15?

·
Registered
268 Posts
What size tire do you have? Stock gears I assume?

I dont think a slick is needed for the setup you have? A mickey Thompson drag radial would be perfect.

Hell I make 2-3x the amount of power you do. And I use ****** nitto drag radials.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What size tire do you have? Stock gears I assume?

I dont think a slick is needed for the setup you have? A mickey Thompson drag radial would be perfect.

Hell I make 2-3x the amount of power you do. And I use ****** nitto drag radials.
looking at the mickey thompson et street in a 26 x 10.50 x 15 i got stock 245 45 `7 on it right now and 373's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.