Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for a little help;

I just installed a set of these LED tail lights on my 2000 GT. After installation, i have no park lamps. Cheched and foound 30 amp fuse under hood was blown. Replaced it and still no park lights front or rear. My question is; is there a fuse in the interior panel as well? None are marked as having anything to do with the park lamps, but cannot figure out why after replacing the big fuse under the hood they still don't work. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have those exact same tail lights and I love em! Unfortunately, I didn't have the same problem, my problem was with them blinking fast when using the turn signal.

I'm not sure if there is a fuse somewhere inside or not, check your manual and it should tell you. Couple questions though, do they work with the brakes and turn signals? The inner two columns(towards the middle of the car) of LED's shouldn't light at this time.

Check the fuse again and see if it's blown, if it is, there is a short in the system. Double check the connections, make sure they are seated properly in the connectors. There should be four connectors total. Two with three wires (one ground, one 12v for parking lamp and one 12v for brake/flash). Two with two wires, one for just lighting inner two columns for parking lights and one for reverse. Make sure the three wire ones are connected to the outermost plugs on the tail light assy. and that you don't have the the reverse and other two wire connecter crossed.

Do you get parking lamps on with the headlight on, or not at all? If this is the case, then it is probably the headlight switch in the dash board. Or possibly a relay although I'd be surprised if there is one for a parking lamp circuit. Again check the manual for that.

Well, I hope this helps, keep us updated and good luck!

-Nick

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the two inner panels do not light at all.... brakes work the outer two panels only, back-up light work fine......directionals light outer two panels only as well and blink fast(thats how i knew there was a problem) front marker lights do not work either but directionals do. the manual only shows the 30 amp under the hood specifically for the "PARK LAMPS"...this fuse was blown...thought it would be an easy fix. fuse didn't change anything. I will troubleshoot this weekend(weather permitting-no garage) and am confident i will figure it out. I discarded the instuction sheet, do you still have yours? I'm pretty positive every connection is correct but wouldn't mind verifying. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you eightwins. How'd your troubleshooting go? To fix the fast blink you need to remove the factory flasher relay, it's under the driver's side dash above your OBD II port. It's a yellow square that attaches to a bracket up under there, just slide it up and off the bracket and then you can unplug it from the harness. Take it with you to the autoparts store and buy a TIMED or TIMER relay, make sure the pins match with the old relay (if not in quantity, but in placement/direction). The original Ford relay is a voltage based relay and the low voltage draw of the LEDs make it blink fast. This will solve the fast blink issue.

I am not sure if it will solve the parking light problem. I think the blinkers and the parking lights are a separate circuit. If you keep blowing fuses, it could be a short in your harness, or something wrong with the tail light assembly itself. Or perhaps your headlight switch. If you had no problems with the parking lamps before, I would think there may be an internal wiring issue with the new lights.

I will look when I get home from work tonight for the instructions, but I got the lights off of ebay and the instructions consisted of a picture with some badly translated english and some chinese. I may have tossed them though. I will also look for the packaging for the relay I bought to get you the manufacturer, part number, and description.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good News, I found the short. One wire on the driverside taillight got pinched when installed and grounded out. I was gong to ask how to fix the fast-blink problem, so thank you for giving me that info. I will post a few mor pics of the car this weekend. Just got a text that my old buddy(blk 86 in the picture c.1990) just picked up a 07 350 GT. KNowing him he is probably on his second set of tires already!!!!

Thanks For the Help, Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally, this is exactly what I've been looking for! Pics of a Mustang with these tail lights on them. Although neither of you have the same color car as me I've been hard pressed to find a damn picture with them actually installed on the car.

Either of you know where I can find a pic of these tails installed on a mineral grey '02 Stang?

Edit... Actually is what I'm really looking for is a picture with these installed:

http://www.mrbodykit.com/images/lights/99mustang/99gen8red.jpg

Same lights just completely red. I was loving the black LEDs but after trying to visualize it for awhile I'm not sure how well it would blend in with my grey car color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.