Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stang has the stock rear on it. for some reason when i peel out it'll stay somewhat in 3-4k rpm then out of no where it'll fly to redline. is taht my wheels totally spinning? i never had a rwd car before so idk if its suppose to do that..(on a side note i am still in gear when this happens 1st,2nd,3rd...sometimes 4th even) and no this is not on wet roads. all dry. and super bad for my rubber..

and also sometimes after i do just a little one, not even meaning to my car will bog down to like 500rpm and pick back up. what is up with that?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Most likely spinning, a t-lok would help that. [unless your tires are already bald]

·
Registered
6,158 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
just take of traction control but it kinda confused me since u should be able to feel ur tires spinning and u should be able to feel when traction control kicks in. anywho should be ur traction lock

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i always take off my traction control when i drive. its super gay lol. and it happened again today cept it was on black pavement in a parking lot. barely pushed the gas let off the clutch and rpms just kept climbing til i let off. then it bogged again. my tires are like +70% on tread. also when i do this i never put down the brake or e brake.. tloks would be a great idea. any sites where i can find them cheap?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What make, model, and size tire are you running?
the tires are fuzions..? 235/45.

i'm changing them out tho i think cuz i want thicker wider tires in the back and smaller tires in the front.

what would be good deminsion for that cuz i have 235's on all four now. but i want 245s or 255 on the front. what would be a good back tire dem?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Take your factory tire size and do this calculation. I will use mine for an example...225/55 16
225/25.4 = 8.8583 tread width
2(8.8583 * .55) = 9.7441 sidewall height times 2
16 + 9.7441 = 25.7441 as the tire diameter.
Now use this formula to get the sidewall ratio you need to keep the rear tire close to the factory diameter for speedometer correctness.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya thats deff true. the tires i have on now say im' going 5mph faster than i really am.

and i was wrong i have 255/35's

so i know what i need now=] that calc is pretty sweet.

so i just ordered two 275/50's for the rear and two 245/45's:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
227 Posts
You're welcome. We had to come up with the formula when we went transitioned from the old bias-ply to poly-glass to radial tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.