Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

My girlfriend has a 2000 Mustang V6 convertable with an automatic transmission.

I have not had a chance to look at it personally and was hoping I could get some help before I dig in myself.

The first problem has to do with the air conditioning. When driving the car with the air conditioning on, sometimes the air speed will just randomly increase and start blowing very hard, and then it will go back down to its normal speed. The only thing I can think of is something having to do with a vacuum problem or some sort of electrical issue. I was just curious if anyone has experienced this.

The second one has to do with starting. This one is not as big of a concern. Sometimes the car cranks for a bit longer when starting. It happens whether the car is warm or cold. I might mention the car was recently purchased, and I am going to check the spark plugs, but before I do any other digging, I am curious if anyone has experienced this. Again this one is not as bad as the A/C problem

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You need to check out the alternator it sounds like the culprit for all of your problems. Take it out and have it checked out at the parts store. When the brushes in the alt get worn or not quite all of the surface area is touching the stator you will get intermediate charging sometimes fine then not, hence your AC issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for the suggestion. I will definitely give that a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.