Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.

today i was changing the clutch, presure-plate,flyweel, clutch release fork, and fork pivot of my car. After i put everithing back on, i was planning test the car and see how all the new parts work. The problem is that the engine stared shaking when i turned it on. It shakes when idle or running. if i increase speed still shakes but a bit less.I have new spark plugs and wires(7 month old), motor and trasmition mounts(6 month old), PVC and EGR valve(2 month old), IACV cleaned 3 weeks aggo. I dindt have this problems before. I ordered the clutch, presure-plate and flywheel from autoparts, and the clutch fork realase and pivot from ebay. Anyone can give some advise here plz.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
You probably have one cylinder that's not firing. Check the plugs and high voltage connections.

R

·
0 Posts
Did you get the correctly balanced flywheel?
In mid '00 they switched from externally balanced to internally balanced.

If you car is mid '00+ you need to check and see if the weight is removed. Most stores sell the flywheel with the counter weight attached and you have to remove it before installing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking(hopping) about the not working cylinder coz i dont wanna think that i bought the wrong balanced flywheel, i dont think i did coz advance autoparts only have 2 listed flywheels for my car and they look pretty much alike to me
Advance Auto Parts: Clutch Parts -=

.. im gonna check the spark plugs and wires and i'll post back. i dunno what tipe of balanced flywheel i have. i still have the old one, so how do i check. thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, u r right Redlyr. I checked every single possibility that can cause that problem and everything was ok. I made i mistake when i ordered the flywheel, the right flywheel should arrive in 2 days. Mine is Internally balanced engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts