Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys im new here and my 2000 v6 mustang has a slight vibration on acceleratoin right around 1450 RPMs and its got new plugs and wires, coil, BBK CAI, exhaust and ive checked my gapp on my plugs and my wires and double checked it again and there all right just looking for some brainstorming and to see if anyone has any idea on what it might be oh and i just changed the transmission mount today cause that was junk, it almost feels like a missfire vibration but alot less severe....so thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
if the filter is partially clogged it can only support a limited flow of fuel so it could affect performance when you're in a fuel high demand situation (certain speeds/RPMs and such)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well tonight i went and sprayed the intake and no leak there but i unplugged the MAF sensor and now it runs perfect my mod was the BBK intake and i guess now my question is leave it unplugged or get an aftermarket senser or a SCT tuner to tell the computer that i have the intake on it to adjust for the highter amount of air???

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
the engine NEEDS the MAF to use the correct amount of fuel per cylinder.. you cant just leave it unplugged.. i think its running off of saved fuel maps right now it wont run quite right if the temperature changes outside.. how long ago did you do the intake.. did you unplug the battery for an extended time to reset the fuel maps?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the car with the intake on it I cleaned the MAF real good today with MAF sensor cleaner and plugged it back it and the vibration is back!!! What do I do I don't really want to buy a new sensor!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrights guys i bought a new maf sensor today at autozone and installed it and still vibrating WTF!!! im so mad somebody please HELP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts