Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this hoping to find an answer to my problem. i bought a 2000 v6 mustang that isnt running. it just cranks but doesnt run. ive had the ecu and the ccrm replaced but no luck. neither the fuel pump nor the injectors seem to work when it cranks but they have been tested and they do work. also the dash "theft" light blinks for about the first 3 or 4 minutes when the ignition swich is turned to the "on" position or i crank the car. the odometer displays ------ so i dont know the miles on the car. oh, and ive also tried the inertia switch but still no luck, any ideas of what my problem could be?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
its the PATS.. the key doesnt match the computer and the ignition thing.. so it doesnt allow the fuel pump to pump fuel.. so you need to have that checked out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i take it to the dealer or to any electrician, and is there any way i can do this myself? i really need help to get it started, i can do it if its possible, i just need to know exactly what it is

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
the PATS is the antitheft system.. so id say a ford dealer is the only place to really get the job done right at.. i know youd rather do it yourself but it requires their special scanners to modify the pats software in the computer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts