Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2000 mustang it drove and shifted perfect one dy the next day I went to drive it I put the car into drive and it didn't move till I hit the gas after that it drives flawless it only does this the wheni put it in drive from park neutral or reverse I know the last owner neglected to use the correct fluid what could be any help would be greatly appreciat

·
Registered
734 Posts
have you checked to see if the fluid is low??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I checked it. It was in the proper range I might just drain the converter and pan and filter with mercon v. any ideas or tips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2000 v6 mustang transmission issue

Ok update changed out all 14 quarts and new filter in transmission.still had dust cap in pan rand better for a mile or so after change and now I have no forward gears I hear a hair of whine when I put it in drive Ive tried everything I can think of. insight needed thanks in advance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did you make sure the old filter's o-ring was out before installing the new filter? If the old o-ring is still in there, the new filter can drop out, leading to no volume (lack of lube will make pump whine) and no pressure(no pressure = no gears).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts