Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2000 3.8 with exhaust nitrous and 373gears im almost out of ideas to do this car i can out run stock 98 and below 4.6 and side by side with stock 5.0's but im wondering if the super charger kit off a 1990 Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupe will directly bolt on and work properly or will i need to swap engines from the 90 super coupe and if this swap will work whats a list of all the parts i need to complete this swap. any info is help full..........by the way so far i have goten 7.9 consistantly in the 8th here in va with this setup so far... soo im lookin for BETTER

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
It won't fit the 2000 heads unless you have a custom adapter made.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
BBYSVTRVA said:
i got a 2000 3.8 with exhaust nitrous and 373gears im almost out of ideas to do this car i can out run stock 98 and below 4.6 and side by side with stock 5.0's but im wondering if the super charger kit off a 1990 Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupe will directly bolt on and work properly or will i need to swap engines from the 90 super coupe and if this swap will work whats a list of all the parts i need to complete this swap. any info is help full..........by the way so far i have goten 7.9 consistantly in the 8th here in va with this setup so far... soo im lookin for BETTER
If you haven't already, you should pick up a 42% underdriver from www.rpmoutlet.com and 1.8 Roller Rockers from www.rpm-mustangs.com or swap out your cam for more performance.

you're going to need the heads, intake, etc from the SC, and even then, you've got 220 hp stock. You can get close to those numbers with a naturally aspirated 1999+ engine with a lot less work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well since i have done alot of reearch on cams heads and upper and lower intakes i am wonderin the process of seapping in a carb 5.0 motor i know it will bolt up t othe tranny and **** like that but will it bolt in my chassis and how will i get rid of the ecu and wire the new 5.0 carb engine up to start by the key????? i dont want to invest in another car this is y i am curious i can beat gts as is now but i want more raw power and better sound to. so if any 1 has any input on if a older 5.0 carburator motor will bolt up and wire up to this chassis!!!! or if i can buy me a 5.0 running car that runs and drives

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
BBYSVTRVA said:
ok well since i have done alot of reearch on cams heads and upper and lower intakes i am wonderin the process of seapping in a carb 5.0 motor i know it will bolt up t othe tranny and **** like that but will it bolt in my chassis and how will i get rid of the ecu and wire the new 5.0 carb engine up to start by the key????? i dont want to invest in another car this is y i am curious i can beat gts as is now but i want more raw power and better sound to. so if any 1 has any input on if a older 5.0 carburator motor will bolt up and wire up to this chassis!!!! or if i can buy me a 5.0 running car that runs and drives
It'll cost you at least $2000 to get get teh electronics & anti-theft stuff to work with that combination. + you'll have to get new exhaust parts, k-member (I'm pretty sure), a new rear-end, struts & springs.

Running a carbed engine may be illegal in your state, you you'll want to check that out as well.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
kscoyote said:
It'll cost you at least $2000 to get get teh electronics & anti-theft stuff to work with that combination. + you'll have to get new exhaust parts, k-member (I'm pretty sure), a new rear-end, struts & springs.

Running a carbed engine may be illegal in your state, you you'll want to check that out as well.
If he's going with a carb setup, he can just bypass all of the anti theft stuff. He doesn't need the computer anymore so he can just wire around it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
If he's going with a carb setup, he can just bypass all of the anti theft stuff. He doesn't need the computer anymore so he can just wire around it.
Can't bypass PATS, I know of a few people who've tried!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.