Ford Mustang Forum banner

2000 trans am vs 2008 mustang gt

1732 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  dspe
ok i know this threads been beat like a dead horse but i just cant come to a difinative answer on the subject. A coworker of mine has a 2000 trans am with an ls1 compleatley stock (auto). i have a 2008 mustang GT 5M with a jlt cai, 93 race tune, and under drive pullies. i make 292 RWHP and 311 RWTQ. do i have a chance. i am a decent driver btw. He wants to race soooooo bad and i would love to wipe the floor with him as much crap as he talks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
what do they usually dyno?
So i finally got a chance to race him last night. it was at like 100 am with nobody on the roads. we estimated what was about 1/4 mile of road and race 3 times. 1st race i jumped him of the line held about 2 1/2 cars on him until the end of third gear at which point he started to pull on me at the end his nose was at my door 1 win for me. Second race i sleep alitte on the launch and was just about dead even with him until again he hit third then pulled on me. the last race i shot out hard and stayed about 3 cars in front he pulled again in third but i was still 1 1/2 to 2 cars in front when we finished 2 wins me 1 win him:D
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.