Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i want to swap my auto V6 to manual. I know that most people think its not worth it but my first6 mustang was stick and it received some serious rear end damage and i just bought a mustang (auto) with a blown head gasket. So now that i replaced the head gasket the next step is to switch it from auto to manual. I already have a list of the parts i need from searching the net but what i need is a guide to the actual swap. I literally have no clue where to start. thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Are they both 99-04 cars? You might need to have the dealer disable pats after swapping computers.

What is your question? You know what parts need to be swapped. So swap them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there both 2000 v6's and my question is basiclly HOW to swap the parts. i dont even know how to remove the parts and most of the writeups ive found just assume you know how to take out the parts and how to put them back in. i dont know if this is a dumb question lol but its the first BIG project ive done on any car.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Most of it is covered in a Haynes or Chiltons. If you don't think you can figure out the rest, then maybe you should get some experienced help.

There's not any secrets or tricks I can think of. If you have SPECIFIC questions I'd be glad to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts